Meet our family

Albert Bartlett

Albert Bartlett

Scotty Brand potatoes come from Albert Bartlett, a family-run Scottish company based in Airdrie, North Lanarkshire.

Founding the company in 1948, Albert Bartlett himself invested £30 in an old water boiler and a cast-iron bath, in order to set up a small beetroot-boiling operation, in Coatbridge, under the Scotty Brand name.

Ronnie Bartlett is Albert’s grandson and proudly heads up the company today. Working with a number of farmers across Scotland, Albert Bartlett then grades, washes and packs Scotty Brand potatoes.

The company slogan: ‘Naturally Grown, Naturally Tasty’, underpins everything the company does – just as it always has. It strives to provide value and quality, achieve excellence in environmental care, as well as innovating and exciting consumers.

Farming for more than 60 years, Albert Bartlett is fiercely committed to natural production with minimum interference. It has achieved several industry accreditations as a result of this commitment to the environment and sustainability. The company not only agrees planting and agronomy with all its growers, but also irrigation, harvesting and storage. It monitors insect activity, to minimise the use of pesticides, and uses advanced technology to conserve water and reduce its impact on the environment.

Modern energy and building management systems enable tight control of its consumption of electricity, gas and water. In fact, 70% of the water used in the potato washing process is rainwater harvested from the roof, with the remaining 30% being provided by the company’s own borehole.

Click here to find out more about Albert Bartlett.