Scotty Brand Carrots
Not currently available, sorry… 🙁
Our delicious carrots are grown and packed in Scotland by Philip Benzie. Philip farms the same Aberdeenshire land that was once worked by his grandfather, sharing the same passion for farming, quality and strong traditions of rural stewardship. While Philip’s grandfather might be surprised at some of Philip’s modern methods — such as the wind turbine powering the farm’s operations — he would certainly approve of the careful management of the Earth’s resources, merging traditional values with today’s technologies. Scotty Brand carrots are available all year round apart from a month or so in late spring / early summer. We can’t promise they’ll give you perfect night vision, but our carrots are crammed with nutrients and are deliciously versatile vegetables to cook with.
Did you know?
- There is as much calcium in just nine carrots as there is in 250ml of whole milk.
- No other vegetable or fruit contains as much carotene as carrots; the body converts this into vitamin A.
- Vitamin A is key to the formation and maintenance of radiant skin, as well as bones and teeth development, and great vision.
- Beta–carotene, the antioxidant, occurs in carrots and may help reduce the risk of developing certain cancers.
- Carrots are fat–free foods. They have very little sodium and no cholesterol at all.
Typical values per 100g:
Energy 121kJ/29kcal; fat 0.4g; of which saturates 0.1g; carbohydrates 4.5g; of which sugars 4.4g; fibre 2.5g; protein 0.6g; salt trace.