Our prepared vegetables
Scotty Brand Winter Prepared Vegetables
Summer range coming soon! In season from June.
Our prepared vegetables are all prepared and packed with care in Scotland – no washing, peeling or chopping required, and none of the goodness taken out. We’ve done the hard work for you, so simply cook and enjoy.
Our Casserole Vegetables
An excellent combination of chunky rustic vegetables, our Casserole Mix is a great vegetarian dish on its own. Or simply serve it as a pot of vegetables to accompany any roast. A convenient mix of prepared swede, carrot, potato, leek and onion, it’s ideal for winter roasting as well as traditional casseroling.
Did you know?
- A casserole – from the French for ‘saucepan’ – is a large, deep dish used both in the oven and as a serving vessel.
- Cooking a casserole in one dish became popular in America in the twentieth century – especially in the 1950s, when new earthenware dishes first came on the market.
- A distinction can be made between casseroles and stews: stewing is a cooking process whereby heat is applied to the bottom of the vessel (typically over a fire or on a stove), whereas casseroling is generally done by baking in an oven, where heat circulates all around the cooking vessel.
- Casseroles can be cooked covered or uncovered.
Our Scotch Broth Soup Mix
For a traditional hearty soup, our Scotch Broth Mix gives you the ideal proportions of vegetables and barley. The classic version uses lamb or mutton stock, but a beef or vegetable stock would work just as well. It’s a very filling soup, often served as a main course rather than as a starter.
Did you know?
- Scotch Broth is delicious at any time, but it’s traditionally served on New Year’s Day – maybe because of its restorative properties after a late night at Hogmanay!
- It’s sometimes called ‘Barley Broth soup’.
Casserole Vegetables typical values per 100g:
Energy 179kJ/43kcal; protein 1.2g; carbohydrates 7.6g; of which sugars 3.9g; fat 0.4g; of which saturates 0.1g; fibre 2.2g; sodium trace; salt equivalent trace.
Mix contains swede, carrot, potato, leek, onion and antioxidant (sodium metabisulphite).
Allergens: contains sulphites.
Scotch Broth Soup Mix typical values per 100g:
Energy 272kJ/65kcal; protein 1.7g; carbohydrate 11.4g; of which sugars 4.2g; fat 0.5g; of which saturates trace; fibre 3.6g; sodium trace; salt equivalent trace.
Mix contains swede, carrot, onion, leek and barley.
Allergens: contains gluten.