Scotty Brand Raspberries
Thanks to the warm weather earlier this month (remember that?!), the raspberry crop has come on well this year and is slightly ahead, so they are in store from late June this season. Raspberries are normally ripe for picking in the months of July and August. They are a nutritious fruit, ideal for delicious puddings and smoothies.
Did you know?
- Raspberries contain a wealth of vitamin C. In fact, they contain more than oranges.
- Raspberries are also high in potassium, vitamin A and calcium.
- They’re low in calories and saturated fats, making them a healthy snack.
- They’re a handy source of dietary fibres that are essential to good digestion.
- Raspberries are one of the most antioxidant-rich of all fruits.
- There are 32 calories in every 100g of juicy raspberries.
Typical Values per 100g: Energy 134kJ/32kcal; fat 0.3g; of which saturates trace; carbohydrates 4.6g; of which sugars 4.6g; fibre 2.6g; protein 1.4g; salt trace.