Scotty Brand Strawberries
Back next summer!
The taste of strawberries reminds us of balmy summer days – they’re in season between June and September, which leaves plenty of time for healthy picnics in the park.
We think Scotty Brand strawberries are special, but don’t just take our word for it. Here are some comments from happy strawberry eaters:
“I bought my mum a punnet of your strawberries. She said they were quite the nicest she has had in a long while – bearing in mind we live in Kent in the middle of the strawberry producing area, that is no mean compliment” Sally T., Kent.
“I just want to say how delicious your strawberries are. I wish strawberries from a supermarket were usually so good!” Anne D., Lancaster.
Did you know?
- Eight strawberries contain more vitamin C than an orange.
- Strawberries can cleverly help whiten your teeth. The acids in the fruit help to remove stains.
- They are full of ellagic acid that can help fight cancers.
- They actively help reduce cholesterol.
- Strawberries are rich in nitrate, which increases the flow of blood and oxygen to the muscles by 7%, so they are the perfect pre-game snack.
- A 100g serving of strawberries contains just 28 calories and no fat, which means they make the ideal tasty treat, even if you’re trying to lose weight.
Typical Values per 100g: Energy 119kJ/28kcal; Fat 0.1g; of which saturates trace; carbohydrates 6g; of which sugars 6g; fibre 1.1g; protein 0.8g; salt trace.