500g fresh Scotty Brand asparagus, trimmed
10 rashers of bacon
2 large ready-made pastry cases
1 egg white, lightly beaten
150ml double cream
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
200g grated cheese (Gruyère or Emmental is best)Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6.
- Place asparagus in a steamer and cover and steam for around 3-5 mins until tender but still firm. Drain and cool.
- Gently fry the bacon in a pan on a medium heat until evenly brown. Once cooked cut into small pieces, and reserve for later.
- Brush the pastry cases with beaten egg white, then add the bacon pieces, and asparagus spears into the cases.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Then sprinkle the grated cheese over bacon and asparagus and top with the egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 35 to 40 minutes, until the quiche is firm.