Ayrshire Tattie Stack
250g Scotty Brand Ayrshire new potatoes
3 Scotty Brand cocktail tomatoes, sliced
1 red onion thinly sliced
1tbsp baby capers or finely chopped cornichons
100g baby spinach or rocket
50g goat’s cheese, crumbled
Scottish rapeseed oil
salt and freshly ground black pepperPrint Recipe
- Boil the potatoes, skins on, until they are just tender (about ten minutes).
- Slice the onions and put into a pan on a very low heat with the butter and a drop of the oil.
- Let the onions cook down for about 10 minutes. During this time, drain the capers and marinate them in oil and a little seasoning.
- Lightly smash the tatties with butter, salt, and pepper. Place into a moulding ring, with rocket or spinach (as you prefer) on top.
- Add three to four slices of tomato on top, then the cooked down red onion on top of that, then the capers (or cornichons), then the goat's cheese.
- Place under medium grill for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with retained greens and drizzle remaining oil over the top.