Bacon and Apple Salad
16 Scotty Brand Ayrshire new potatoes
4 rashers of Scotty Brand bacon
2 red onions, medium
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp mixed herbs
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp honey
½ tsp mustard
1 pinch cinnamon, optionalPrint Recipe
- Wash the new potatoes and add them to a pan of boiling water. Let them simmer until tender.
- Trim the fat off the bacon and grill it until it is crispy.
- Peel and chop the onions and fry them in the vegetable oil until they're soft.
- Wash and chop the apples and mix them with the herbs in a bowl.
- Make the dressing by mixing the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard and cinnamon together.
- When the bacon and potatoes are cooked, chop them into bite size pieces.
- Add the bacon, potatoes and onions to the bowl with the apples and herbs, pour the dressing on top and serve.