Bacon, bean and pasta soup
8 rashers of Scotty Brand unsmoked bacon
4 Scotty Brand carrots
500ml water, boiled
2 tbsp tomato puree
400g mixed beans
1 reduced salt stock cube (vegetable or chicken)
2 tsp dried parsleyPrint Recipe
- Trim the fat off the bacon and cut into small squares. Fry it in a large pan and once it starts to brown drain off any excess fat.
- Peel the carrots and cut in half lengthways then slice.
- Remove outer layers of the leeks then half lengthways and slice.
- Add carrots and leeks both to the pan with the bacon and cook for 5 minutes, with the lid on.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Dissolve stock cube in boiling water. Add beans, stock, tomato puree and pasta to the pan and simmer until the pasta is cooked, approximately 10 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, stir through the parsley and serve.