Bacon & Egg Breakfast Cups
Scotty Brand Smoked Bacon
4 medium eggs
30g grated Scottish mature cheddarPrint Recipe
- Preheat oven to 180°C/375°F.
- Spray a metal muffin pan with cooking spray or slightly wipe the inside with olive oil.
- Cut the bacon slices in half length ways.
- Taking one piece of bacon at a time, wrap the inside of a muffin cup to create a ring, with the cut edge of the bacon facing downwards towards the bottom of the pan. Use 2-3 bacon pieces per cup, overlapping the edges to hide any gaps. Repeat with the remaining slices of bacon until you have 4 filled muffin cups.
- Carefully crack one egg into each bacon lined cup. Sprinkle each egg with thyme leaves, Scottish mature cheddar cheese before seasoning.
- Bake the egg cups in the middle shelf of the oven for 12 minutes. Add 2-4 minutes if you prefer fully set yolks.
- Carefully remove the bacon egg cups to a plate and serve immediately with cracked black pepper.