Bacon Topped Hasselback Potatoes
750g Scotty Brand baby potatoes
200g Scotty Brand unsmoked bacon
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
100g Scottish cheddar cheese, grated
4 tbsp sour cream
3 spring onions, choppedPrint Recipe
- Preheat oven to 200°C/gas mark 6/400°F.
- Pop a potato onto a wooden spoon to hold it still, and make parallel cuts along the length of the potato, 3mm apart without slicing all the way through.
- Arrange on a baking tray, slits facing upwards.
- Mix the melted butter with olive oil and brush each potato generously, before seasoning well.
- Bake the potatoes until cooked through with crispy tops, about 1 hour.
- Once the potatoes are nearly ready, cut the bacon into small pieces and fry until crisp.
- Remove potatoes from the over and scatter with grated cheese. Pop back in the oven for a minute to melt the cheese.
- Transfer the cheesy potatoes to a platter and top with sour cream, crispy bacon and chopped spring onion.