Beany burritos with sweet potato wedges
4 leaves of Scotty Brand lettuce
4 Scotty Brand cocktail tomatoes
2 sweet potatoes
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 pinch ground black pepper, to taste
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
400g mixed beans
4 wheat tortillas
100g reduced fat creme fraiche
4 tablespoons grated reduced fat mature cheddarPrint Recipe
- Set the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan oven / 350°F / gas mark 4.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and cut into wedges the size of orange segments.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp vegetable oil and sprinkle with black pepper. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, until soft.
- Whilst the sweet potatoes are roasting, heat remaining of oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic gently until soft.
- Drain the beans and stir into the pan, mashing the beans slightly as you do so. Cook for 4-5 minutes until heated through.
- Wash and slice the tomatoes and lettuce.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise around the stone. Hold the avocado in one hand, and with the other hand twist and rotate the two halves apart. Remove the stone by slipping a spoon between the stone and the flesh, then slice up the flesh into strips.
- Warm the tortilla wraps in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Assemble the wraps by putting some of the bean mixture in the middle, followed by lettuce, tomato, avocado slices, creme fraiche and cheese. Fold the bottom of the wrap up, then fold the sides in to enclose the filling.
- Serve the beany burritos hot with the sweet potato wedges.