Carrot and Beetroot Salad
350g Scotty Brand carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 350g beetroot, peeled and trimmed
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 30ml cumin seeds
- 30ml olive oil
- 15ml sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 small bunch flat parsley, roughly chopped
- Peel and trim the carrots and beetroot, then coarsely grate both on a grater. Alternatively, use a food processor fitted with a grating plate. Place the grated vegetables in a bowl, add the shallots.
- Heat the cumin seeds in small pan until they are hot and smell strongly. Remove from the heat and scatter over the vegetables. Add the olive oil, vinegar and parsley, then toss well. Leave to marinate for at least 15 mins before serving.