750g Scotty Brand carrots (grated)
1 small onion (chopped)
2tbsp tahini paste
1tsp ground cumin
3tbsp rapeseed oil
100g wholemeal breadcrumbs
Zest & juice of 1 lemon
150ml natural yoghurt
3tbsp sesame seedsPrint Recipe
- Pop 1/3 of the carrot into a blender with the chickpeas, onion, tahini paste, cumin, and a large tablespoon of the yoghurt. Whizz it all into a thick paste.
- Heat the oil and fry the remaining carrot until it’s soft. Then add it to the paste with the egg, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, lemon juice and sesame seeds. Season to taste.
- Chill for ten minutes if you have time (the mixture, not you!), then shape it into burgers.
- Cook either on a barbecue or in a hot frying pan with a little oil. The burgers will need about two minutes on each side.
- Serve with flatbreads as shown in the photo, or with any type of burger bun. Use more of the natural yoghurt as a garnish.