Carrot ribbon salad
4 large Scotty Brand Carrots
Zest of ½ orange
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon Scottish Heather Honey
20ml extra virgin olive oil
Small splash balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons roughly chopped mint
Handful whole blanched hazelnuts
Small mint leaves to garnishPrint Recipe
- Whisk together the orange juice, zest, honey, mint, extra virgin olive oil & balsamic, and season to taste.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the carrot into long ribbons and place in a bowl of cold water to crisp up.
- Heat a small frying pan and toast the hazelnuts for a few minutes, shaking the pan regularly to make sure they don’t burn. Sprinkle a little salt on the hazelnuts while still warm, and let them cool down.
- Toss the carrots with a few tablespoons of the dressing (you can use the rest of the dressing for another salad).
- Pile the salad onto a large plate, and top with the toasted hazelnuts and small mint leaves.