Chicken Kievs with New Potatoes and Green Beans
640g Scotty Brand Ayrshire new potatoes
4 chicken breasts, medium sized
2.5 level tbsp plain flour
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp dried parsley
100g low fat spread
320g green beans
Ground black pepper, to tastePrint Recipe
- Peel and crush the garlic, then mix with the spread and parsley. Place the mixture into cling film and roll into a sausage shape. Place in the freezer while preparing the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan oven / 350°F / gas mark 5.
- Place the point of a sharp knife into the fat end of one of the chicken breasts until it reaches halfway then make a pocket to put the spread in. Repeat this with each chicken breast.
- When the spread is firm remove from the freezer and cut into four. Place a piece into each chicken breast and flatten with hands to seal.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat together with black pepper. Place the flour and breadcrumbs onto separate plates.
- Coat each chicken breast with flour, then egg and finally breadcrumbs.
- Place kievs on a baking tray and place in oven for 25- 30 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
- Wash potatoes and cook in boiling water for approximately 15 minutes.
- Wash and trim the ends off the green beans then cook in boiling water until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve kievs with potatoes and green beans.