Harvest Vegetable Soup
2 medium Scotty Brand potatoes
2 medium Scotty Brand carrots
1 medium onion
2 tbsp frozen peas
227g chopped tomatoes
1 reduced salt vegetable stock cube
pinch ground black pepper
750ml waterPrint Recipe
- Wash, peel and chop the potatoes, leeks and carrots. Peel and chop the onion. Wash and slice the courgette.
- Put the prepared vegetables, except the peas and tomatoes, in the pan.
- Add the water and the stock cube.
- Heat the mixture to boiling point and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Put the pan lid on and cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add a little more water if needed.
- Add the frozen peas and the canned tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Use a blender or potato masher to blend the soup to how you like it (optional).
- Season with black pepper and reheat gently. Serve hot.