Healthier Chicken Biryani
120g Scotty Brand Garden Peas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 400g chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 200g easy cook long grain rice
- 3 teaspoons medium curry powder
- 500ml water
- 120g Scotty Brand Garden Peas
- 75g seedless raisins
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Wash, deseed and chop the pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the chicken for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add the onion and pepper and fry until soft.
- Stir in the rice and curry powder and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the water and raisins.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the rice is cooked, stirring occasionally. Add more water if necessary. Add the peas 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Once the rice is cooked, use a slotted spoon to dish up and enjoy hot.