Healthy Cullen Skink
500g Scotty Brand potatoes
- 2 smoked haddock fillets, (skinless and boneless)
- 135ml water
- 1 onion
- 1 pint semi skimmed milk
- 25g low fat spread
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Wash, peel and dice potatoes. Place in a large pan with boiling water and cook until soft, approximately 20 minutes.
- Peel onion and chop finely.
- Place the haddock in a medium sized frying pan with enough water to cover it, no more. Bring to the boil and add the chopped onion, then turn down the heat and simmer gently.
- When the haddock is cooked, separate the flakes using a fork. If they don't separate easily a little more cooking is needed.
- In a small pan, bring milk to the boil and then add this to the fish.
- Drain potatoes, return to the pan then add low fat spread and mash using a masher or fork until smooth.
- Stir potato into the fish, to thicken the soup and add black pepper to taste.