Mince and Tatties
4 Scotty Brand potatoes, medium sized
2 Scotty Brand carrots, medium sized
500g lean minced beef
1 medium onion
1 stick celery (30g)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp plain flour
1 reduced salt beef stock cube
600ml water, boiled
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 pinch ground black pepperPrint Recipe
- Wash, peel and chop the onion, carrots, celery and potatoes.
- Fry the onion, carrots and celery in the vegetable oil over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened.
- Increase the heat and add the minced beef to the pan and fry until it is well browned (8-10 minutes).
- Reduce the heat and sprinkle the flour over the meat and vegetables and stir for a couple of minutes to cook the flour.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the water then add the stock, Worcestershire sauce and pepper to the pan. Stir until the sauce comes to the boil and starts to thicken. Cover the pan and simmer for about 30 minutes until everything is tender, adding more stock if needed.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 20-25 minutes until soft. Use a potato masher or fork and mash the potatoes until smooth. Serve with the mince.