Mini Pommes Anna
500 g Scotty Brand Potatoes
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 crushed garlic clove
½ tablespoon thyme leavesPrint Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 200C / Gas mark 6.
- Peel and very thinly slice the potatoes into rounds, placing them in a bowl of cold water as you go.
- Clarify the butter by heating it in a small saucepan until it crackles and you see the white solids rise to the top. Allow the butter to cool slightly, then sieve it into a jug.
- Mix the crushed garlic clove, thyme leaves and salt into the melted butter.
- Drain and dry the potato slices, then in a large bowl, mix them well with the garlic & thyme butter to make sure every slice is coated.
- Layer the potato slices in rounds in a greased muffin tin, lightly pressing down as you go. Cover the muffin tin with foil, and use another muffin tin to weigh down on the potato stacks.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and extra muffin tin, and bake for a further 45 mins – 1 hour, until the tops and sides are crisp and golden brown.
- Use a large spoon to carefully take out each Pommes Anna, crispy side up, and serve immediately sprinkled with a little sea salt.