Perfect Mashed Tatties
900g Scotty Brand Kestrel potatoes
- 50g butter
- 3 tbsp milk or cream
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives or spring onions
- Salt and finely ground pepper
- Peel the potatoes; cut into small chunks and put in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water and add a pinch of salt
- Bring to the boil and cook for 8-10 mins, until tender. Drain well and leave to 'air dry' in a colander for 10 mins.
- Return to the saucepan and mash well using a potato masher or large fork, until smooth and well blended.
- Stir in the butter and milk, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pile into a warm serving bowl and scatter with chives or spring onion. Serve immediately.
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard and 50g freshly fried chopped onion
- 2 tbsp horseradish sauce and 200g grated, cooked, peeled beetroot
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped parsley and 2 freshly fried crushed garlic cloves
- Replace 250g of the Scotty Brand potatoes with Scotty Brand carrots (cut small and cook along with the potatoes)
- 2 slices haggis, fried, drained and crumbled; stir them into the finished mash while still hot, along with 50g grated Scottish Cheddar cheese for an extra savoury Scottish accompaniment.