Potato and Bacon Soup
4 large Scotty Brand potatoes, peeled and diced
7 rashers Scotty Brand smoked bacon
1.5 l hot vegetable or chicken stock, warm
142 ml single creamPrint Recipe
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Chop 3 rashers of smoked bacon and add to the pot, along with the chopped onion. Fry for a couple of minutes or until the onions start to turn golden.
- Add the diced potatoes and stir well. Cover and turn down the heat. Cook for around 5 minutes, making sure the mixture doesn't stick to the pan.
- Add in the stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Cover again and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Take off the heat for a couple of minutes and then blend with a hand mixer, or in a food processor.
- Return to the heat and pour in the cream, stir well and season if required.
- Serve with the remaining rashers of fried, chopped bacon.