Potato Topped Fish Pie
4 Scotty Brand potatoes, large sized
4 white fish fillets
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, medium sized
2 sticks celery
160g frozen peas, frozen
50g plain flour
568ml semi skimmed milk
1 tomato, medium sized
75g reduced fat cheddar cheesePrint Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180oC / 160oC fan oven / 350oF / gas mark 4.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into small pieces, boil in a pan until soft.
- Peel the onion then chop the celery into small pieces. Heat oil in a pan, add onions and celery, cooking for around 2 minutes until they soften.
- Remove skin from fish if required and then cut into cubes. Place the onion, celery, peas and fish into an oven proof dish and mix together.
- Melt the low fat spread in a pan, remove from heat and stir in the flour to make a paste. Heat again for 1 minute and then gradually add the milk, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens. Leave a small amount of milk to mash potatoes. Pour sauce over fish.
- Drain the potatoes and mash using the remaining milk. Spread the mash over the fish, leaving no gaps. Top with grated cheese and sliced tomato.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.