Scotch Broth Soup
Scotty Brand Scotch Broth Mix
1 lamb shank
1 bay leaf
A few fresh thyme leaves
2tbsp freshly chopped parsley
Salt and finely ground pepperPrint Recipe
- Place the lamb shank into a pan with cold water. Bring it to a simmer and skim off the surface residue.
- Add the bay leaf and thyme, then leave to simmer for around an hour.
- Add the Scotch Broth mix, return it to the boil, and then simmer for a further 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove the lamb shank from the pan, set it aside and remove the meat from the bone.
- Take out the bay leaf and thyme, and discard.
- Add the meat to the soup mix and heat through. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve with chunky bread rolls.