Scottish Berry Pavlova
1 pack Scotty Brand strawberries
3 packs Scotty Brand raspberries
4 large egg whites
250g golden caster sugar
2 tbsp cornflour
1tsp white vinegar
½ tsp vanilla extract
Fresh lemonPrint Recipe
- Heat oven to 150°C/130°C fan.
- Use a pencil to draw around a large plate on baking parchment, then turn the baking parchment over and place on a large baking tray.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then whisk in the sugar 1 tbsp at a time. Next whisk in the cornflour, then vinegar and vanilla until the mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks.
- Using a metal spoon, spread the meringue inside the drawn circle on the baking parchment, making the sides higher than the middle.
- Bake for 1.5 hrs, then turn off the heat and let the pavlova cool completely inside the oven without opening the door.
- To make the coulis, blend 2 packs of Scotty Brand raspberries with a liquidiser and then push through a fine sieve to de-seed. Stir in 2 tbsp. lemon juice and 1 tbsp icing sugar (optional).
- Whip the cream until it forms spoon-able peaks.
- Hull the strawberries and chop the largest ones in half.
- Once the meringue is cool and ready to be decorated, top with whipped cream, coulis fruit and small mint leaves before dusting with icing sugar to finish.
- Serve immediately.