Smoked salmon and leek tart
A colourful smoked salmon tart - a small slice is a starter or snack, a larger slice is a main course!
100g Scotty Brand smoked salmon
- 225g plain flour
- 175g margarine
- Salt & pepper
- 1 leek, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed or olive oil
- 200g soft cheese
- 2 eggs
- 150ml milk
- Preheat your oven to 190°C, Gas 5. Lightly grease a 26cm flan dish.
- Place flour, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Coarsely rub in the margarine and gradually add cold water (about 4 tablespoons) to mix to a soft dough.
- Lightly knead the dough on a floured board. Then wrap it in cling film and store it in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the leek until it is soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool a little. Meanwhile, beat together the soft cheese, eggs, milk and pepper.
- Chop the salmon into thin strips.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and place it into your flan dish. Layer cooled leeks and the Scotty Brand smoked salmon in the case and then pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake for around 45 minutes until the top is firm to the touch. Allow the tart to cool for a few minutes before serving it with a salad.