Smoked Salmon & Potato Rösti with Poached Egg
Scotty Brand smoked salmon
1 lightly whisked egg
2 tbsp plain flour
20g melted butter
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp reduced fat crème fraîche
3 large Scotty Brand potatoes, peeled and grated
Scotty Brand romaine lettuce, 1 leaf cut into 4
Fresh dill, chopped
- Place grated potato in a colander and squeeze out all moisture.
- Transfer to a large bowl, then add egg, flour and season to taste.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the butter.
- Either with a cooking ring, or spooning mixture, place a large heaped spoonful of the potato mixture into the pan and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon. Repeat to create 4 röstis.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes each side or until crisp and golden then transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, softly poach the eggs in boiling water, keeping the yolks runny.
- Mix the chopped dill and crème fraîche and set aside.
- Top each rösti with a sliced lettuce, smoked salmon, poached egg and then dill crème fraîche. Season with cracked black pepper and a sprinkling of fresh dill.