Spicy Bean & Carrot Burgers
1 large Scotty Brand carrot, scraped, ends removed and grated
400g tin of kidney beans, drained
1/2 red onion peeled and finely chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
3 tbsp veg or sunflower oil
1 heaped teaspoon flour, plus 2 tbsp to shape the burgers
4 brioche buns, sliced open
4 tbsp sour cream
Scotty Brand little gem lettuce, washed and cut into leaves
Sricha hot sauce, to taste
Scotty Brand sweet chilli coleslaw, to serve
Scotty Brand chippy chips, to servePrint Recipe
- Rinse the kidney beans then put into a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 12 minutes to soften the beans.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion, carrot with the ground coriander and 1 tbsp vegetable oil until the vegetables start to soften and the coriander becomes fragrant, then stir through the chopped fresh coriander and remove from the heat.
- When the kidney beans have softened, drain well and add to the carrots and onion. Mash together with the back of a fork then stir in 1 heaped tsp flour.
- With lightly floured hands, take a portion of burger mix and shape into a ball before flattening to create a burger shape on a floured surface. Repeat with remaining mix then chill burgers in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat the leftover oil in a clean frying pan. Add the burgers and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until hot all the way through and golden.
- Mix sour cream with hot sauce (to taste) and spread on burger bun. Place burger in bun and top with avocado and lettuce.
- Serve alongside a spoon of Scotty Brand sweet chilli & cranberry coleslaw and portion of Scotty Brand chippy chips.