Spicy chicken noodle soup
2 Scotty Brand carrots, medium sized
1l water, boiled
1 reduced salt stock cube (vegetable or chicken)
4 spring onions
2 tsp reduced salt soy sauce
1 tsp ground ginger
1 garlic clove
chilli flakes, to taste
2 skinless and boneless chicken thighs
85g broccoli, separated into small florets
100g button mushrooms
175g rice noodlesPrint Recipe
- Make the stock by dissolving the stock cube in 1 litre of boiling water
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots.
- Wash and slice the spring onions.
- Wipe the dirt off the mushrooms and slice them.
- Separate the broccoli into small florets.
- Peel and crush, or finely chop, the garlic.
- Add the stock, chicken thighs, soy sauce, ginger and garlic to a large saucepan, and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the pan and chop into bite size pieces.
- Add the carrots, broccoli, spring onions and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the pan and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to pan and serve hot.