Strawberry and Champagne jelly
500g Scotty Brand strawberries(hulled and halved)
250ml Champagne/sparkling wine
5 leaves gelatine
Strawberries to accompanyPrint Recipe
MethodNB: This dish needs to be made the day before you plan to eat it, in order to give the jelly time to set.
- Place 500g hulled and halved strawberries into a saucepan with the sugar, give them a good stir and gently cook them on a very low heat for 20 minutes, using clingfilm to cover the pan.
- After 20 minutes, pour the strawberries and strawberry juice through a sieve into a jug. Leave it for a few minutes to collect all the juice. You will only need the juice for this recipe – save the cooked strawberries for porridge. Measure out 250ml of juice.
- Soften the gelatine in a bowl of cold water for five minutes.
- Reserve 50ml strawberry juice and gently stir the remaining 200ml in a bowl with 250ml Champagne/sparkling wine.
- Put the reserved 50ml of juice in a small pan and heat to just under boiling. Squeeze out the gelatine leaves, and stir them into the hot strawberry juice until completely dissolved.
- Pass the gelatine mixture through a sieve and then stir it gently into the strawberry juice & champagne. Carefully pour the jelly mixture into four metal dariole moulds and leave them to set in the fridge overnight.
- To turn out the jellies, get a bowl of very hot water and dip the moulds briefly into it, before inverting the jellies onto plates. Garnish with a halved strawberry and more fresh strawberries