Strawberry Shortbread Bites
500g Scotty Brand strawberries
150g unsalted butter
225g plain flour
1 tub clotted cream or crème fraîchePrint Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 175C / Gas mark 4. Cream the butter & sugar together until light and fluffy. Sieve the flour and gently stir it in until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Using your hands, quickly squeeze the crumbs together to form a ball of dough. Chill the dough in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Once it’s chilled, gently roll out the dough on a generously floured surface until ½ cm thick and, using a small round cutter, stamp out small rounds.
- Transfer the rounds to a baking sheet and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until they are a pale golden brown. Then pop them on a wire rack to cool.
- To serve, halve enough strawberries to top each shortbread round, then chop the remaining strawberries into small dice.
- Swirl the strawberry dice through the clotted cream (or crème fraîche, for a lighter version) and then top each cooled shortbread round with a heaped teaspoon of the cream mixture and a halved strawberry.