3 large Scotty Brand potatoes
2 medium Scotty Brand carrots
400g venison, diced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 medium onions
1 garlic clove
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 bay leaf
1 heaped tablespoon plain flourPrint Recipe
- In a large pan, heat the oil and then add the venison until it turns brown.
- Peel and dice the onions and garlic, add to the pan and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Peel and dice the swede, carrots, parsnips and potatoes. Add Worcestershire sauce, thyme and bay leaf along with vegetables and water to the pan.
- Bring the pan to the boil then reduce the heat and cover with a lid, simmering until the vegetables are tender.
- Mix the flour with 2 tablespoons of water then stir into the pan to thicken the stew.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.