Scotty Brand Potatoes
Our potatoes are grown by our dedicated Scotty growers. For much of the year, Scotty Brand offers you Kestrel potatoes. Our commitment to bringing you the best Scottish produce in season means that over the summer months (roughly mid-June to the end of August), we will change to alternative varieties of new season Scottish potatoes. Keep an eye on our Twitter feed to stay up to date. In the meantime, Kestrel potatoes are distinguishable by their beautiful blue-purple eyes and cream-coloured skin, with a long oval shape and smooth texture. Due to their great shape and creamy texture, they are exceptional boilers, bakers or roasters. Whether you roast, boil, wedge or mash them, our potatoes are the perfect addition to any balanced meal.
Did you know?
- A boiled potato has the second highest concentrate of folic acid after bread. Folic acid boosts your immune system, as it supports the production of white blood cells.
- Despite the rumours, potatoes are actually a better source of potassium than bananas. A banana contains roughly 450mg, whereas a baked potato contains 750mg.
- Potassium protects you against heart disease, diabetes and kidney disease. It keeps your muscles strong and reduces tiredness.
- Potatoes contain no cholesterol, so are ideal for lowering high blood pressure.
- One medium potato supplies 30mg vitamin C — that’s nearly as much as in a whole glass of tomato juice.
- There are 93 calories in every 100g potatoes.
Typical values for peeled potatoes boiled in unsalted water per 100g:
Energy 317 kJ, 75 kcal; Fat 0.1g of which saturates trace; Carbohydrates 16g; of which sugars 0.8g; of which starch 15g; Fibre 1.6g; Protein 1.8g; Salt <0.01g